Reading ebooks on tablets usually works just fine, except many tablets have one drawback: They are often hard to read in sunlight. To solve this problem, Amazon has developed a new Kindle with some improvements of interest to avid readers. It's now available for preorder for a July 7th release.
- 11% thinner and 16% lighter than the previous generation Kindle, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand.
- Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp text similar to what you see in a physical book. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving text and image quality.
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- Kindle doesn't need power to maintain a page of text, allowing you to read for weeks on a single charge.
- Unlike reflective tablet and smartphone screens, the high contrast touchscreen display eliminates glare in any setting—even direct sunlight.
A note from Tracy Falbe: Be the first to know about my new releases and special sales at Brave Luck Books. Join the Readers' List. Ebooks and audiobooks available worldwide. Print in select countries.